Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Job Code: RS.03.SSE
Reports to: VP of Engineering
The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for software development for the Company’s life science analytical instruments. The candidate will work closely with the Company’s product and business development teams to define product requirements, and will have responsibility for development and delivery of the software. This is a hands-on position requiring the ability to code software across the product line. The candidate will also direct subcontractor software development activities when needed, and will have responsibility for final test, maintenance and improvement of all software over time. The primary development platform is Windows 10, and includes both real time instrument control and a client platform for analytical characterization of tested materials. The candidate must have a record of leading software developments that meet product requirements and are delivered on time and within budget. The position is based in Burlington, MA USA.
Requirements / Education:
*Minimum Qualifications (must have)
- Sc. or M.Eng. in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent
- 5 years (10+ years preferred) experience in Windows C++ / C# software development
- 5 years of experience in leading or being technical lead on software development projects with teams of at least 3-5 developers
- Deep expertise in software development for analytical or spectroscopic instrument platforms with familiarity with biological workflows and lab instrumentation is strongly recommended.
- Experience with instrument control and real time data acquisition.
- Experience in control theory, particularly software for temperature control loops and motion control a plus
- Skilled in coding with Microsoft Visual Studio, Windows desktop GUI, XAML, C++, C#, .NET, IDEs and DLLs
- Familiarity with SQL and relational databases
- Familiarity or proficiency in coding in LabView and MATLAB a plus
- Expert knowledge in setting up and working under a quality compliant revision control system (e.g. SVN) supported by software documentation and well commented code
- Experience with the FDA and 21 CPR Part 11 a plus
- Experience writing and maintaining test support software for engineering and manufacturing as well as in supporting software verification and product qualification.
- Familiarity with WordPress and MySQL a plus
- Excellent teamwork, collaboration and communication skills.
- Lead all software development activities within the Company, starting with collaboration with cross-functional groups to development software requirements, and then ensuring that final designs meet the expectations of the product development team and our customer’s needs.
- Design, code and implement Windows 10 based control and analytical software for our life science analytical instrumentation
- Develop and implement software validation strategies and protocols in support of instrument launch and commercialization.
- Provide ongoing maintenance and improvement of released instrument software over time
- It is required to utilize and remain proficient in a Windows based software platform. Also required are .NET and associated technologies including unmanaged C/C++, C#, WPF, XAML, MVVM pattern, Prism, Socket Network Communications, SQL/MySQL, Windows native application development, object-oriented principles, and Visual Studio (at least version 2015) development tools, Infragistics Graphics controls
- Implement a quality compliant revision control system and develop code in a structured environment using revision control
- Provide technical oversight of external consultants as members of the support software development team when required
- Develop and maintain the roadmap of product software designs and improvements
- Work in compliance with ISO9001, 13485 and internal quality systems as required.
*Preferred Qualifications (nice to have)
- Extremely motivated and willing to work in a fast-paced environment, with a hard-working multi-disciplinary team.
- Resourceful and flexible and willing to work hands-on in developing novel technologies and executing program deliverables.
- Experience in technology assessment and technology management a plus.
- Strong team player.
- Adept at planning, prioritizing, multi-tasking, organizing and following through, while remaining highly energetic and focused.
- Straightforward, proactive, self-motivated, and trustworthy.
- Experience in biotechnology or medical device development.
- People leadership experience as well as project leadership experience of multiple projects to drive key deliverables and timelines.
About RedShift BioAnalytics: RedShift BioAnalytics is developing powerful new analytical tools for the R&D, life science and biopharmaceutical markets. Our measurement solutions combine tunable lasers, microfluidics, and analytical technologies to achieve revolutionary improvements in performance and analytical capabilities. At RedShift, we provide customers with solutions that accelerate product discovery, development and manufacturing while enabling dramatic improvements in performance, efficiency and cost.
This position is open for immediate hire. The company provides very competitive salaries as well as a full benefit plan including medical, dental and 401(k) savings. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume referencing the job title to: Careers@Redshiftbio.com
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. RedShift BioAnalytics affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.